- Confrontation: Matthew 5:22-24
- Feedback: Proverbs 1:7-8
- Meeting Needs: John 13:3-10
- Recommended Listening: “Brave Communication” by Dann Farrelly, available online at the Bethel Store: https://shop.ibethel.org/products/brave-communication
- Ask God to heal you from any fear of confrontation. Invite Him to give you wisdom, courage, and grace to forgive offenses and to confront those that do need to be addressed.
- Prayer the prayer of David inviting God’s feedback in your life:
Investigate my life, O God,
find out everything about me:
cross-examine and test me,
get a clear picture of what I’m about:
See for yourself whether I’ve done anything wrong-
then guide me on the road to eternal life. (Psalm 139: 23-24 MSG)
- Ask God for grace to speak the truth in love and build greater trust and intimacy in your relationships. and for His heart to care about and adjust to meet the needs of those He has placed in your life.
- If you identified any area of your life where you feel you need better feedback, seek it out. Pay attention to the people in your life this week and look for occasions to give positive feedback.
- Repent for any harsh, critical words that you have spoken and apologize if necessary. If you have any relational connection that feels distant or damaged, make a plan to strengthen your connection.
- ask someone close to you this week, “What do you need from me? How can I serve you?”
- build the following into your life:
a. People who are welcome to give you feedback every day.
b. A habit of asking people around you, “How are you experiencing me? Do you have any feedback for me?”